Friday, October 2, 2009

The Road Trip to the Blog

Reflections

I would like to share my experience in the past few months in exploring the new tools of establishing this blog. Although I have used other blogs before for family photos, this is the first time that I used Blogger.com to create an information-sharing type of web blog.

It has been fun as I have learnt to use and import gadgets, videos, photos from other websites. I discovered that there is unlimited choices of selections of images and videos from anywhere on the sites. The choices are almost too many that I could hardly had enough time to go through them. In some way, I am glad as my time was so limited between my full-time work and looking after a toddler, that I have to be quite strategic and strict about where to get information from. I had a lot of free time in my hands, I could easily imaging myself 'drowning' into the world of virtue technologies and discovering all sorts of fun sites and games to use.

I have to admit that when I first figured out how to get a video from Youtube onto my site, I was very excited. So I must say that this was the most enjoyable moment of this project. The challenges that I faced, was obviously the time-poor factors, but also my own set-up for the internet access was not really good. I had to often use other friends' internet access in order to complete this blog. It was at times very frustrating when I was struggling with my own access to internet at home.

I am also very conscious that everyone else has a wonderful blog, and my is probably quite basic in terms of its features and adventures in using more new tools. However, I felt that I have surprised myself so far in exploring more than I could imaging. I have definitely come out of this project having learnt many other skills. And I am sure that in the future, I will be a lot more confident about using blogging and exploring new tools.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Hui-hsing

    I'll have none of that nonsense about the other blogs being better than yours. You've done a fantastic job! You've included all of the required features, your content is sound and your presentation professional. I particularly like the way you have organised your posts into categories such as 'institutions and collections', 'tools', 'using library staff', 'using libraries', 'evaluating material'...These headings reflect a very organised and systematic research strategy and some very clear thinking!

    Well done and I look forward to reading your report.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to paste your reflection posted here to the relevant discussion board topic on webCT also.

    ReplyDelete